Citizen Planning Bill of Rights, from the 1000 Friends of Florida nonprofit, who have been pioneers in empowering Floridians to play a greater role in planning and growth management in their communities.
1. The right to shape changes to your neighborhood, community and region.
2. The right to a process free of last-minute changes.
3. The right to a supermajority vote on major decisions.
4. The right to more easily challenge decisions made by your local government.
5. The right to be free of fear of unwarranted legal retaliation.