“Rampant growth and uncontrolled development are forever changing the face of Florida. Elected officials, business leaders and others need to take action before our state’s quality of life and rich natural resources are damaged beyond repair. 1000 Friends of Florida is calling on elected officials to empower Floridians to play a greater role in planning for the future of their communities.”
– 1000 Friends of Florida
CITIZEN PLANNING BILL OF RIGHTS
1000 Friends of Florida
1. The right to shape changes to your neighborhood, community and region.
2. The right to a process free of last-minute changes.
3. The right to a supermajority vote on major decisions.
4. The right to more easily challenge decisions made by your local government.
5. The right to be free of fear of unwarranted legal retaliation.
SEE THE FULL Citizen Planning Bill of Rights